Thursday, December 8, 2011

Did CCP Fuck something up?

So, I went and suicide ganked a Retriever in one of the newly buffed destroyers, a Catalyst. Fit was 8 Anode Light Neutron Particle Accelerator I's with 3 t1 magstabs, because it's a fucking retriever. Also 5 shots of CN Antimatter. I had the guns overheated and grouped, and preactivated, so I warped to my alt and let fly with the blaster shots.

I ended up doing 80 damage or so per shot of 8 grouped guns, ran out of ammo before he even got out of shields, and exploded. What the christ? 8 light neutrons with faction antimatter should NOT be doing only 80 damage per volley, so I petitioned CCP to look into the grouped weapons calculations since I bet the client was reading it as a single weapon instead of 8 grouped ones. Haven't had this problem with any other ships.

Back to my cool story (bro), the Retriever pilot, Whitehouse, had an Orca with him, and he ejected his ship and warped off, ostensibly to store the Retriever or something. And it would have worked had he not had the ore he mined still in his cargohold, preventing the ship from being stored. Sadly, Commander Derpy Hooves did not have the skills to fly a Retriever, so I did the next best thing, I warped PG's pod back and hopped into the Retriever.

2011.12.09 02:20:00

Victim: Planetary Genocide
Corp: Pegasus Empire
Alliance: HumAnnoyeD
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Retriever
System: Scheenins
Security: 0.5
Damage Taken: 1493

Involved parties:

Name: CONCORD Police Captain / CONCORD (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 1493

Destroyed items:

Hammerhead I (Drone Bay)
Expanded Cargohold II

Dropped items:

Azure Plagioclase, Qty: 2035 (Cargo)
ML-3 Amphilotite Mining Probe
Expanded Cargohold II
Warrior I, Qty: 3 (Drone Bay)
Plagioclase Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2
Modulated Strip Miner II, Qty: 2
Sure, it's not a killmail, but I still got the strip miners before the Orca could scoop everything, and as a bonus I got to board the ship before his pod did, so he came back just in time to see me get his Retriever CONCORDED.

Also, I defended a coalition pos today but that wasn't anything interesting, mostly consisting of repping the pos, getting aggroed, getting my tengu out and the single wardeccer running, and then going back to repping the pos with about 10 other coalition members. That's basically it for now.

2 comments:

  1. If you fit your gankship with an alt, don't put ammo in the guns. Enter the ship when your ganker and then load the guns, it should work.

    CCP did indeed fuck something up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha. Thank you very much good sir, I did in fact fit my ganking ship with an alt.

    ReplyDelete